Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ME PLUS YOU CROSS QUILT COMPLETE

It seems like a long time ago but the West Virginia MQG had a quilt along, for whoever chose to participate, on any cross quilt project. I went with the Me + You quilt as I had agreed with a friend to make one. We both got very busy and I completed it last night. I love the aqua and red version but i was yearning to use some modern meadow and fell into a navy and lime combo. It is hard to tell but I added Amy Butler lime full moon dots as well as AB lime seeds and used a navy pindot for the opposite effect.




Sorry for the poor lighting but we have had no sun for a long time. I was lucky to be dry.
I quilted it in a double grid pattern on either side of the seams in navy and since then wished i would have hand quilted it but I am already ripping out two quilts so that is not an option.

I tried my hand at machine binding. I know some of you love to bind by hand but sometimes I just want it done and last night was one of those nights. I used this tutorial by RPQ. I had a few errors that needed touch ups but with a little more practice I could have it down.

Now onto the rest of those blocks and it is time to dig into something new.
thanks, leslie

5 comments:

  1. It's about time! (Says the girl who has her blocks, unsewn, stores in a ziploc bag). Love it...you need to re-shoot it when the sun's out! These pics don't do this gorgeous quilt justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely!! what a great quilt! and i love your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the pics are not coming out well even in good light. I think it is time for a new camera. thanks you guys.

    ReplyDelete

You are all dear to me and every message means so much. I really take these to heart...good and bad, so fire away! I need your input!