first and foremost i cannot make a decision to save my life. i have so many ideas that i cannot land on anything for very long. this does not make for a productive sewing studio. i see quilt after quilt, darling clothes, bags, etc. etc. to motivate me but when i get the fabric out i can circle it for hours worrying i will "lose" something in the design. basically, i can procrastinate better than anyone.
secondly, i have friends and family requesting items. these might not necessarily be the things i want to make so most of my really fun projects (in my head) are on hold.
jacquie, at tallgrass prairie studio has issued a challenge on her blog for the new year. she is challenging all of us to finish all UFO's you wish to enter by the first of the year. i think it is a great idea so if you haven't found her blog yet you can link through mine to join in this effort. there is a prize but the prize for me would be to finish the 17 UFO's that i have at this time. yes, seventeen....i have no idea.
1. i am hand quilting one rather large quilt "the earthy S quilt" by kaffe fassett.
2. i need to back and bind the brocade velvet throw from the "glorious patchwork" book of kaffe fassett. i couldn't help that one. it was a challenge and it looks just like my mother. she is not a regular snuggly quilt type person.
3. i need to start the whirlygig garden quilt by kaffe fassett as a gift. *it appears i am a kaffe fassett fan but i did not think i was. i do not usually collect his fabric but these particular quilts did pull me in. some of the reds in his new line are just beautiful....anyway.
4. The wool jedi sith robe. the fabric weighs a ton. the pattern is "the real thing" this is for my son. he wants it badly.
5. i need to finish machine quilting and bind the "nest" quilt. it is a gift and it is almost done.
6. i am piecing a quilt for my stepdaughter. she has a newfound obsession with the Beatles and found a line of Beatles fabric. the blocks are done and now i am working on sashing.
7. i have my daughters tiny roses quilt semi planned. i have all the fabric but i am still circling it waiting for the perfect way to piece it. she is wanting the "feel" of a comforter she had as a child. it was a laura ashley rosebud and pink ticking fabric. i am trying...hard. it is hard.
8. i have my son in laws vintage star wars quilt to begin. i have worked long and hard to find the fabric from star wars, the empire strikes back and the return of the jedi. these were obtained from ebay, old sheets to make into a new quilt. i have no idea. they are on the design wall right now.
9. two unfinished birdie slings. i had to stop when my old sewing machine bogged down with the interfacing. i now have the wonderquilter and they should be fine....i am sure my friends have given up on those.
10. 3 amy karol "bend the rules sewing" linen bags...so adorable...and requested. i ran short on linen for the lining and am waiting on that.
11. 2 "I'll take one of everything" bags from anna maria horners book "seams to me." also on request.
12. jelly roll quilt with urban couture for my friend. have not started
13. finish the tiered skirt out of "sew what skirts" that is a gift.
this does not count the 3 wonderland quilts and multiple others i cannot decide on and many, many more out there in "concept only land".
i just inventoried my fabric stash and it is lacking some luster. i am on restriction....darn it, so it will be slow going. i also will be in the middle of replanning the sewing room. i don't think i am utilizing my space well enough. okay, okay.....i will leave you with this link. grab the button top right or link below and join in!