Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Farmer's Wife Sampler QAL, Book Review and Sunday Stash

Two weeks away. Two posts in one day. I have a reward waiting for me when I finish my swap obligations. The Farmer's Wife Sampler QAL which I believe will be the largest QAL in web history to date. There is the Flickr Group and tying in with that the Yahoo Group which will help line you out on about any issue. I thought I would be able to start on time but not to be. My book arrived and I began to read it. I couldn't stand it. It should be a staple in most quilt libraries. I believe it will be by the time this quilt along ends. That is the thing. I do not think it will end. As more and more quilters enter our internet community and begin quilting they are going to eventually face this quilt along. Reading online at the difficulty with templates, blocks and, oh my gosh, what fabric? I have read everything from our modern sisters to the civil war repro women. They have an entire group of their own!
The book is fascinating with letters from women accompanying the pictures and instructions for two blocks of the 111 blocks that make up the book. I have a feeling I will be transformed to the farm when I get going. I cannot wait. Oh yes, it has a CD in the back with the templates for the blocks. So, this book gets an A++ and I know I did not need to review it as you are probably already working on yours.

The second book gets an A++ as well if you like to make bags and Amy Butler bags at that. Style Stitches gives you a total of 26 bags by giving options of sizes which can be a problem with her patterns. There is not one bag in this book that I would not want to own. Some are very time and material intensive, but most are no worse than The Birdie Sling which I think a lot of us have made.

love the ruffle on that bag.
Time for some eye candy. Thanks to Pink Castle Fabrics, Cias Palette,  Fabricworm, Sew Love Fabric and  The Intrepid
Thread on Etsy...whew! Good couple of mail weeks. It seems everything came at once....darn..I hate that!

Loulouthi
thanks to Lara for the AU DS prints

new pearl bracelets! Lizzy House

stuff i needed

bella solids

shot cottons...omg...you cannot imagine
let me help....you can see the colors..mouth waters...

Whew! Time to get back to sewing some of this stuff up!
I am also starving to death and I am certain my sweet hubby is.

Are there threads all over your house? Like all the time?
Do you have a lint roller in multiple rooms and the car?
mmm...hmmmm....thought so.

happy sewing
leslie

1 comment:

  1. Luscious fabrics and those solids are to die for!!

    I haven't joined in on the sampler QA yet, but I keep thinking that I should. I do own the book and had every intention of making it someday. I just love the letters.

    ReplyDelete

You are all dear to me and every message means so much. I really take these to heart...good and bad, so fire away! I need your input!